Friday, May 7, 2010

Grandparents Down Under

As I write this post Mina is having a temper tantrum and she's taking her aggression out on a My Little Pony book. Good times. I will choose to ignore her.

Brian's parents came to visit for 2 weeks. We did lots of fun things and hope they had a good time in Australia...pictures are in no particular order b/c I'm lazy today (and I can't think with all the temper tantrum noise).

Grandpa and Mina feeding the kangaroo's at Caversham Wildlife Park.

The fam getting a pic with a koala...nice bum shot of the koala too.

At a farm show, the girls got to feed baby goats some milk...Emi thought it was hilarious...only her 4 yr. old mind knows why.

The fam getting a picture with a wombat and some random guy holding the wombat.

The view of the city and Swan River from King's Park. This park is awesome and mega-huge...I think Perth is such a pretty city.

We went on a dolphin watching tour. This was Emi's face after going over a big swell...I didn't know her forehead could wrinkle that that...yeah, the ride was only bumpy for 1 minute total but Emiko didn't like it. But then she became best friends with some random 40-something Asian lady (she was also on the tour) and all was well again for Emiko.

At "Mermaid Cave" on the dolphin tour...Emi swears she saw a mermaid.

At the aquarium- Emiko wasn't happy about getting her pic taken b/c she wanted to hug the whale instead.

The girls loved having their grandparents visit. It was such a letdown the day after they left- the girls only had their parents to play with now and I guess we're not that cool.

So who wants to visit next?!

3 comments:

Steve and Jen said...

Looks like you all had a great visit! Funny about the mermaid!

andrew and brittani said...

We want the next visit!!!!!!!!!

Ann Mitchell said...

So glad Linda and Dale got to go!!!