May 10-13, 2017
I know a lot of people dislike Paris but I loved everything about it. Then again, I live in Saudi- I'm easy to please. A big group of us took our 4/5th grade daughters on a mom/daughter trip to Paris. The main reason for going was to attend the new Paris t*mple open house (which is absolutely gorgeous inside btw)- but we did a lot of other fun things too. I feel so grateful for the friendships we've made in the short amount of time we've been in Saudi.
Paris T*mple- it's even prettier inside with its French-inspired decor and murals
There's a small courtyard in the back where we found this familiar statue:
Palace of Versailles
Hall of Mirrors with Nannette & Jen
After a whole night of travel and then a day of sightseeing...the girls were pretty tuckered out and were so excited to find a bench to "rest" on inside the Palace.
So, so many yummy choices of baked goods at all the patisseries/bakeries on our street
Paris Disney- yes it's smaller than the US versions but the lines were small and it was just so fun to go with a big group of friends!
Bike Tour- loved it...even with the 10 min downpour that had us soaking wet by the time we arrived at the Louvre.
The River Seine
After the bike tour we did a food tour. During the tour we stopped at the I Love You Wall- a wall that has "I Love You" written in over 250 different languages...super cool.
Group photo of our food tour group- we sampled chocolates, macarons, cheeses, meats (did you know that cows in France travel with passports...well now you do), baguettes/rolls, and crepes. My tummy was bursting with happiness.
After the food tour we quickly walked over to see Sacre Coeur (photo bomb courtesy of Ellie)
Of course we had to climb the Eiffel Tower. And Emiko was determined to run all the way to the top...so we did. We climbed over 1700 steps in 10 minutes. That was definitely my exercise for the day.
Right as we finished the lights came on- so purty.
Our last morning was spent doing a scavenger hunt at the Louvre. It was actually a great way to see a lot of artwork in a short amount of time. And, check out our 1st place medals...that's right, we won!
Obviously, no Louvre trip is complete without a photo of the Mona Lisa.
Paris is now officially blogged. Moving on...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment