1) Shopping- While I can find most everything I need in Saudi, it's often more expensive and inconvenient (b/c I can't drive, planning for prayer time closures, etc) So yes, we end up buying quite a bit and bringing it back with us. Most things I buy online (Amazon prime is my BFF) but there's still a lot of returns or exchanges. Lot's of boxes to open and organize during this process:
2) Emi has been in climbing withdrawal- she was so happy to climb in a twice/wk youth class at Momentum.
3) We hiked the Y. Not sure how I managed to be a student here for 5 years and never once hiked the Y...but we did it!
4) The girls got tattoos. Temporary one's at least. It was for Father's Day.
5) We catch up on doctor and dentist appointments. We do have a John Hopkins Medical Center where we are but I think it's always good to follow up whilst in Utah- I still feel like overall the quality of care in America is superior.
6) We celebrated 4th of July with fireworks. The Lee side was safe and cautious...the Dibb side, well, it was a miracle no one went to the hospital. My kids are scarred for life.
7) We took a tour of California Pizza Kitchen- did you know they do free kid tours? And then if you want to pay the kid meal price, you can make your own pizza. It was rad.
8) Mei turned 5!!! We had a birthday party at Funtopia and a horse cake. I can't believe my youngest is 5. It's going too fast...
9) We went to the aquarium- which costs way too much money but is still enjoyable.
I'm the mean mom that let them try on these hats in the gift shop and then refused to buy them.
10) Extended Dibb Family reunion with all of Brian's cousins and their families. I got roped into playing this game where I get wrapped up in duct tape and then have to roll on the ground trying to collect as much candy as I could.
11) We got pedicures.
12) Mina got her ears pierced.
13) We did swim lessons- Mei and Mina both improved a ton this summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment