Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Utah Summer is Bliss- Part 3: Post-Brian

Ok actually, the subject line is a lie. B/c I ditched Utah for my last week and headed to Washington. It's been 15+ years since I've been to the state that I was raised in...and with so much extended family there it was time I take the kids there. I forgot how lovely it is here. Thanks to my brother Jerry and his wife Marsa for letting us crash at their house.

1) But first, we headed to Yelm to visit with our dear friends, the Johnsons. We knew them from when we lived in Perth. Josh was Mina's prim. teacher and they were buddies- it was good reunion.
2) The rest of the week was spent with my side of the family. Lots of cousin time here...
3) No trip to Seattle is complete without a trip to Pike Place Market to see Rachel the pig, the fish, and the gum wall. And of course the Space Needle. We also hit up the Pacific Science Center which has changed a lot since I was a kid...it made us miss Scitech in Perth.
4) We took the kids to the beach to go exploring. I had to warn the kids that it would be a rocky beach (not the sandy beaches they're used to)- they had a fun time looking for crabs.
5) We went to Woodland Park Zoo!
6) We had a family dinner at my Uncle John's house. The first photo is of me with 2 of my siblings and 4 of my cousins.
And this is a family photo. Yellow panties (Mei) and all...
And that's pretty much a wrap on all things summer for us. Which means we're now caught up on the blog...it doesn't happen often, does it?! Just enjoy...

No comments: