Shopping for a new kitchen table has been difficult- really difficult. Almost every dining set I've seen in stores (I've been to every furniture store imaginable) has fabric chairs...are you kidding me? I have kids- they are messy! If they aren't fabric chairs they're wicker...or some other woven material. And I can just imagine food particles getting mushed in between the wicker-parts (or whatever they're called). Anyways, so my choices are very limited. But I can't use the rented furniture forever (our dining chairs are blue fabric- yuck). So Brian found this set and loves it...and I can look at it without throwing up...so it's a winner!!!
With Brian out of town I put the table together. After assembling it I realized there was no way I was going to be able to flip the table upright. It is a heavy beast! The tabletop itself is 2.5 inches of solid hardwood. See the pic:

Pretty rustic looking huh?! The legs are 5 inches thick. Seriously, my kitchen table is buff...my kitchen table could beat up your kitchen table any day of the week. The whole family could table dance on it and I'm positive it wouldn't even budge. This table will outlive me, the kids, and the future grandkids.

So the table remained upside-down for 2 days until the furniture rental guys showed up to collect some of the rented furniture. They graciously offered to turn the table for me. 2 buff guys that move furniture for a living...barely able to turn it over. Seriously, don't mess with my table. The girls were a little sad though- they really liked playing on it upside-down.
I can't decide whether to do 4 chairs along each side or 3 on each side with 1 on each end. So I've done both. Any thoughts?


3 comments:
I like the table, its got enough wood to refinish the tabletop a good several times. I'm pro-armspace go with 3 on the side
I love the table and chairs. I think I'd go with 3 on the side if they fit that way in your room.
Thanks for the dedication. The table is nice, very large. I like 4 on each side.
Post a Comment