Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When Daddy's Away, the Girls Come Out to Play

With Kaiya on holiday (oh man, am I starting to sound Aussie?) we decided to go to AQWA. This aquarium rocks! It's right on the ocean...and it's right next to the Hillarys Boat Harbour which has some fun shops & restaurants (not just boats). Yikes, there's a massive cricket in my house- be right back.

Ok, killed it using one of Kaiya's library books. I hate it when Brian's out of town and I have to kill the bugs...gross. Where was I? Oh yeah, aquarium...

Going to the aquarium (and zoo) always makes me realize how well-educated my girls are with animals. We walk into a room full of jellyfish and Kaiya says "oh yes, these are moon jellies, mom" and Emi then says "yeah, Kaiya let's go see if we can find the box jellies- they're the bad one's!" Really, these kids are Brian's kids. By the end of the trip with both of them educating me on all the different marine wildlife I was thinking wow, my kids are dang smart. Then I went home and Emi told me "hey mom, if you eat white rice then your poop will turn white"- smart with animals, but not w/poop. Anywho, pictures for your viewing enjoyment:

The girls love the touch pool (well, Kaiya and Emi love it- Mina loves running round and round it). They even have little sharks swimming around and Kaiya was very proud of herself for touching it.

Emiko swears this tale belongs to Shamu...

The girls think this saltwater croc is real...ha ha.

After the aquarium we grabbed some dinner at the boat harbour. For good behavior, they were rewarded with a mini-carousel ride...the girls loved it.

2 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Cute. And, for the record, I think it's way better to be educated about animals than about poop. :)
Glad Brian's heading home.

Unknown said...

How fun that you guys are able to do and see so much! And your Emiko conversations crack me up!